All games on this site must pass all requirements on this page before they are added to this site. Please read on to see what games will be listed on this site.
- FREE: All games on this site must be completely free to play and download. That means that all games on this site must not require payment before downloading and/or playing the game. But there is nothing wrong with a free game that request users for donations either on the website or in the game and this is actively promoted. If a game needs to be registered before it can be played and/or downloaded it can still be listed, but will be marked as such. The games must also be full, no shareware, no free to try etc.. Demos may be added if they are exceptional eg .kkrieger (but not usually)
- Single Player Mode: All games on this site must have a single player mode. That is, a game should be able to be played alone, without the need for other players and/or continuous internet connection to play(offline). If a game has more than a single player mode(multiplayer mode) that is also fine. We follow a simple philosophy 'just download and play'. But LAN (Network) games are an exception because by their very nature are designed to be played by more than one user. Some LAN (Network) games however have bots or computer controlled opponents which allow a player to play that LAN game offline, but this is not a feature of all LAN games (eg Trackmania Nations and Trackmania Nations Forever have no computer opponents or bots even though its is a LAN game).
- Graphics Quality: All games on this site must possess decent quality graphics, even though this is a subjective requirement, it is still important. Since most games usually have decent quality graphics, this is not a problem but if a game has such poor graphics quality that it affects the gameplay or the overall look of the game , it will not be listed. Also at the other end of the spectrum a game may have excellent graphics but is an average or below average in terms of gameplay then it will also not be listed.
- Size: The size of a game is usually not an issue, but smaller will be preferred over larger. But if a game is quite large (such as 1GB or more) then it probably will not be listed (sorry), as the games usually need to be tested before they will be listed and can sometimes be a turn off for some gamers as well. There may be exceptions to this rule in future however.
- Wow factor: This is another subjective factor that refers to some intangible element of a game that can include: originality, craziness, very addictive game play, good storyline and more. A game must possess a wow factor before it can be listed, even though what we define as a wow factor may be very different from player to player. A game must possess something that makes it rise above the mediocre/average.
- Online Games(Includes MMOs,MMORPGs,browser based etc...): A game that requires a user to be online to play will not be listed. But if a game that can be played offline (and has a single player mode) but has some online feature like high scores it may still be listed. (For those who want MMOs or Browser Based games please try freepcgamers.com)
- Ease of play: All games listed must have a certain level of playability. The faster a game can be played, the better. However games with different controls or plays very differently from regular games will still be listed (eg Dream fighters that use a 'Japanese' control system) But if a game is relatively hard to play (ie has a very steep learning curve) and/or requires more effort than most players are willing to provide, it will most likely not be added. Eg Battlecruiser series. (Main page and Download page)
- Casual games: Casual games will not (normally) be listed.
- It almost goes without saying, no games will be listed that have any form of malware(viruses, spyware, trojans etc..) and it is also unlikely that games sponsored with adware will be listed. This includes fixed,cracked or warez games (games distributed illegally). Games take time and often money to make, and it's just not fair to distributed them illegally regardless of how much money the game developers have already made.
- Violence,Blood and Nudity/Sex: Many games have some form of violence (ie explosions, shooting people etc), so games with violence will still be listed. Games with blood and gore may be listed but will be marked as such. No games will be listed that have any form of nudity and/or sex.
- The requirements may change without notice.
- There is no guarantee either expressed nor implied that states that all games on this site have passed all the stated requirements, they serve only as guidelines. Games change over time and some games may become ad supported or commercial products or even no longer fun to play. The requirements may have been applicable at time of listing but games can change anytime after that.
- There are probably many games on the internet that meet all these criteria but are not listed on this site. There could be many reasons for this. The internet is a big place and it is almost impossible to list all the best freeware games on one site.
- If a game listed on this site doesn't meet all the criteria for some reason just contact us and we will do our best to rectify the issue.
- We cannot guarantee the games listed will work on all computers. Most games have been tested on Windows XP and should work with higher versions. Sorry Mac and Linux users :(
- Also make sure you computer meets the minimum system requirements of the game and that you have updated your graphics card drivers.
- Never ever run a program downloaded from the internet without scanning it with an up-to-date antivirus. Whether it is a direct download from this site or from any other site it is important to scan all applications even games to make sure there is no malware in it. There is a reason why is internet is often called the wild west, anything goes.
Copyright © 2012 Freegameslist.weebly.com
Copyright © 2012 Freegameslist.weebly.com